Fall 2021 Move-in Details
Date: Sunday, August 15. Arrivals cannot be guaranteed accommodation outside of this date.
Time: Residents are free to check-in at their residence hall and move in between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM on move-in day.
Check-in Process: Residents will arrive at their assigned residence hall where they will be greeted by Residence Life staff. There, they will receive their building and room keys and complete necessary paperwork. Once that is complete, residents are free to move in! *Bankston Hall residents will arrive first at the Student Success Center and check-in at Residence Life, where they will receive their room keys and UAM ID Card, which functions as their building key!
UAM ID Card: Residents who do not already have a UAM ID Card can get one in the Residence Life Office, upstairs in the Student Success Center, between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM on the day of move-in. Residents will need their UAM ID Card to access the cafeteria on August 15!
Parking Hangtags: Residents who do not already have a parking hang tag can get one on Monday, August 16 by following these two easy steps: 1) Visit the Cashier's Office (Harris Hall, 2nd Floor) to pay $30 for the year. 2) Visit the University Police Station to pick up a hang tag. Residents must bring the receipt from the Cashier's Office, a current driver's license, UAM ID Card, and a vehicle registration card.
Meal Plans Start at Dinner on August 15!
What to bring
|Compact refrigerator||Ethernet cable||Laptop or computer|
|Coffee maker or Keurig||Gaming system||Power strip with surge protector|
Do Not Bring
|Hot plates||Halogen Lamps||Candles and Incense|
|Crock Pots||Toasters||Darts or dartboards|
|Electric skillets||Space heaters||Pets of any kind|
Advice From Students
- "Bring food containers and utensils. Don’t be left eating snacks with your fingers.”
- “Bring cleaning supplies so you can keep your room clean. Health & safety inspections are held once a month and they check to make sure you cleaned!”
- “Don’t bring all your stuff on the first day. Wait until you get settled to buy just what you need.”
- “Bring an extra set of sheets to use on laundry day.”
- “Call your roommate before you arrive to arrange the plans for check in day. Try to arrive at the same time so that no one feels left out.”
- “Get to know your roommate so you know their likes and dislikes.”
- “Don’t use nails, tacks or screws on the walls. You will have to pay for damages.”
- “Make sure you meet your RA when you arrive. She/he will help you when you have questions."
- “Don’t cut carpet to fit your room! Just bring an area rug."
- “Always carry your student ID card with you.”
- “Don’t be afraid to ask questions.”
- “Make sure you set an alarm so you don’t miss class!”